RECRUITMENT OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY LEADER
St Philip’s Church, Earl’s Court Road, is looking for a special person to be our Children’s Ministry leader. At St Philip’s, we treasure our children and firmly believe that the way they are taught the Christian faith when they are young will give them the tools necessary for their growth in faith for the rest of their lives. St Philip’s is a lively central London Parish church with a thriving children’s ministry, and we are looking for an exceptional leader to replace our present wonderful leader who is going to live abroad. If you have experience of engaging and working with children and the ability to encourage their parents to help in the process, we would love to meet you. This post is for 1 day a week, including Sunday mornings, with a salary £4,620 pa.
Please note that we are also advertising for a community worker. We are willing to consider candidates offering themselves for both of these part-time roles.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 28th June.
Interviews will be held in St Philip’s in the week beginning 11th July 2016.
1. Oversee our children’s ministry during the Service of the Word at our Sunday morning Eucharist.
2. Encourage and equip parents and other volunteer members of the church to play their
part in leading children’s ministry on Sunday mornings.
3. Ensuring volunteer leaders have role descriptions, receive support and any training
4. Ensure there is adequate child care when necessary for the very youngest children
during the Eucharistic prayer.
5. Enable children to play a full part in the monthly all-age services by providing hand outs,
selecting and preparing children to help lead the service;
6. Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept of children’s attendance
7. Work with the safeguarding team and clergy to ensure that children are safe and that
the church’s Child Protection Policy is fully implemented. In particular work with
Safeguarding Officer and evidence checker to ensure all volunteers working with children
have DBS clearance.
8. Keep informed of developments and best practice in children’s work in the wider
9. Work with the volunteer team to develop children’s ministry in the light of the Church
Council’s broader vision for St Philip’s.
The post holder will report directly to the Associate Vicar (or during the interregnum, to the Assistant priest.) There will be regular reviews based on agreed objectives.
1. Lively, genuine and reflective Christian faith.
2. Experience of working with children, ideally in Christian education.
3. The ability to engage with children of varying ages and to hold their attention.
4. The confidence and authority to work with adults, to lead and to teach them.
6. Child protection clearance as required by Diocesan policy.
7. Reliability and good time keeping.
1.Some understanding of the structure of the Eucharist (our main Sunday
service) and of the rhythm of the church’s year.
To download this Job description please click here >>Children’s Ministry Post