St Philip’s is introducing a safeguarding policy. If you have any concerns – or if there is anyone in our community you think may be at risk, you can address your concerns to our new Safeguarding Team.
The Safeguarding Team’s role is to protect children, young people and any vulnerable adults in our community, reflecting our societal and ecumenical commission. The principals guiding our team are:
- respectful and informed pastoral care;
- early identification and management of actual or potential risks
- timely safeguarding action: after advice is sought, action will be taken within 24 hours;
- the involvement of others is on a need-to-know basis only; and
- active commitment of all in promoting and keeping our community safe
We will maintain confidentiality at all times; however, if we feel that any church member is at risk, we would need to share this information with relevant individuals only.
If any church members have any concerns they would like to share, please do contact: Peninah Kamatsiko, Safeguarding Officer on (07932) 348 357, Joanne Murray Children’s Advocate, or David Walsh, Associate Vicar.